This is the message I just sent my brand new social media student worker. I’ve given him some time to get used to the office, read some great social media resources, watch useful videos and talk theory with me while getting to know the personality style we use here. Now, time for him to get his ass to work.
You are ready young Padawan. Time to get your work on.
- Be on Facebook SAU page responding/interacting/uploading. Find answers to questions if possible. Refer users to appropriate offices if necessary. Keep upcoming events up to date. Review other Facebook pages and come up with ideas for things we can do with ours.
- Goals: greater FB interaction with all audiences; a regular and constant presence.
- Check Twitter for questions/comments to answer/respond to or retweet appropriate content from those we follow. Review our list of followers for people we should be following, review their lists, etc. Build an interactive community of related Twitter users. Keep the SAU Twitter list up-to-date. Consider new, creative, funny (yet appropriate) Twitter lists.
- Daily review of We Are SAU. Check for group creation, unanswered questions. Write blog posts explaining new features, welcome and help new users. Propose ideas for ways to boost users and user activity including content and features. Follow users on Twitter when they post their Twitter names. Suggest design improvements.
- Check MySpace for activity and begin reconnecting with users there.
- Check H drive daily for new photos to add to Flickr & Facebook with as much descriptive information as possible. Review related press releases for ideas.
- Begin reviewing Flickr photos and adding titles, descriptions and keyword tags as appropriate/possible. Tweet awesome photos. Establish “friends” whenever Twitter/Facebook/etc users post Flickr photos.
- Make sure each new YouTube video is posted to Facebook, Twitter, We Are SAU and MySpace. Propose ideas for new videos.
- Forever uphold the core value: Han shot first.
- Propose ideas…all ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Notice: scoping virtual hotties is not on this list.